3DMark 2000

Has anyone else been getting major problems with 3DMark after installing DX8? I was able to run it before I upgraded, but now it runs all the game tests really, really slow (I'm talking like. 43 fps.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

50 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-07-03
Has anyone else been getting major problems with 3DMark after installing DX8? I was able to run it before I upgraded, but now it runs all the game tests really, really slow (I'm talking like .43 fps...and sometimes it would sit at a frame and jump to a totally different part of the test) and didn't make it all the way through the tests. My system spontaneously rebooted sometime during the 32 MB texture test. I don't believe it was messing up before DX8, so I'm thinking it may be the culprit. Anybody have any suggestions?

My System:
P3-500 (the old pre-Cumine kind)
DFI P2XBL mobo w/ 128 MB of RAM
GeForce DDR graphics (Asus V6800 Pure)
SB Live! Value

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

3867 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-04
Install the 6.34 drivers. Use OGL in UT.

data/avatar/default/avatar31.webp

50 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-07-03
OP
Well, I installed the 6.34 WHQL driver set, which did fix my problems with 3DMark, but now I'm not able to get coolbits to overclock my card. Has that been disabled in the WHQL driver set or has the old registry tweak been removed? I'm afraid my 3DMark scores were pretty lousy...but oh well, this system is getting on the older side anyway, and it runs my games pretty well right now.