ACER DC300 ( Digital Camera)

Hello, I had purchased the above mentioned camera in 2002 and the accompanying CD has only the win2000 driver for it. I need the XP driver, so could you please find me a link for it and send it to my mail - vivekh_1979@yahoo.

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-08
Hello,
I had purchased the above mentioned camera in 2002 and the accompanying CD has only the win2000 driver for it. I need the XP driver, so could you please find me a link for it and send it to my mail - vivekh_1979@yahoo.com. Kindly do me this favour as i am not able to use it anymore in my Xp loaded system.
Thank you
Vivekh (

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar37.webp

178 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-11-03
vivekh_1979, welcome to the board! help is on the way.

Google. Search for 'acer dc300 xp driver' and it's the second result. Isn't that sweet? http://www.benq.com/cameras/legacy/camera_d300.html

Hope it works!

PS. I can't help it. I am going to let it out. And I am not a 'malakas' (for those familiar with greek phraseology), but that driver took me around a minute to find!

I agree that the main purpose of a message board is to help each other and to exchange experience. But that person asking for someone to take the trouble, help them and then email them the solution, only obliges me to believe that their first login was actually the last one.

I would suppose that it would take you far more time to register with NTcompatible.com (if you already knew the board), let alone search for a [ad] GREAT [/ad] message board.

vivekh_1979, I am not emailing the link to you, but I am here waiting for the dialogue to continue.

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-08
OP
Hey buddy thanks for the link. I am sorry if u have mistaken me as a one timer to this site. i had just registered today but am a regular visitor to the site so cool man... 8)

data/avatar/default/avatar37.webp

178 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-11-03
Glad I could help! I am burying the hatchet, and I offer my apologies as well, that was not my normal style at all.

Again welcome to the board, and sorry for flaming you!

love & peace,
tsonta101

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-08
OP
Thanks buddy, have a nice weekend

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-01
Hey there..i have the driver already but somehow the camera when connected to the cable, it does not download any pictures. when i open the software on my desktop, it says that the device is not ready. what do i do?

thanks..

ps=i did try searching online.. no hope..

maybe i didnt try hard enough.. pls guide

joanne

data/avatar/default/avatar24.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-05
This is an answer 2 months later than you needed it, but I just got me a second hand Acer DC300. Having also had a hard time with it, here's my experience for the benefit of posterity:

Installation:

The instructions are pretty explicit, and apply to most imaging devices (scanners/cameras) that have a setup.exe mode of installation

0. If you have already done an unsuccessful attempt to install the drivers, make sure you run the uninstall program (unchdrv.exe located in Acer folder)

1. WITHOUT the camera plugged in, install the drivers.

2. Then it is MANDATORY to reboot immediately, without doing anything else. So before starting the installation, make sure that no programs are running, so you can reboot immediately.

The tricky part is that after the reboot, you have to plug in the camera 2 TIMES !!! This is because the camera has two distinct modes of operation: videocamera and picture camera.

Before anything else, exit from the resident DC300 monitoring program that resides in the taskbar, because it may (and will) interfere with the "new harware wizard".

3. Then power the DC300 ON. This puts it into PICTURE MODE. Plug the USB into the DC300. The new hardware wizard appears. Click OK in the "unsigned driver" warning and you'll have the PICTURE PART of DC300 ready.

4. Plug the DC300 out and switch it OFF. The camera now will operate in VIDEO MODE, when you reinsert the USB plug.

5. Reinsert the USB plug. The new harware wizard appears. Click OK in the "unsigned driver" warning and you have the VIDEO part of DC300 ready.

Now you can run the camera's utilities and you'll see that everything works OK. It's my first webcam/camera device, but I bet most cheapo ones need the same care for installing the drivers.

One final thing: don't expect the DC300 to appear in your Imaging devices (scanners and cameras in Control Panel) - the DC300 is neither. However it will appear as an vfw video capture device in all your video apps, including Netmeeting (NM). (By the way, NM is standard in windows XP (i think from SP1a and SP2), although it does not appear anywhere. To run it, do Start/Run/conf.exe - this will start the NM setup wizard.)

If you manage it, please send me a mail or post a reply regarding how many frames per second you achieve with DC300 - here I can't get more than 2.2 fps. I guess this bitter truth, although in the specs 30 fps are stated (alas, it seems this refers to the videorecording mode and not the webcam mode....)

I hope the above helped you. Good luck!