Adobe Premiere Pro compatibility issue with 7800gt video cards...

Hello all, I'm currently trying to have a computer built that will be very fast as I normally edit sometimes lengthy video projects. I want the ability to multi task as well as I go on the net quite often as well as run various programs such as Photoshop 7.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-01-04
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to have a computer built that will be very fast as I normally edit sometimes lengthy video projects. I want the ability to multi task as well as I go on the net quite often as well as run various programs such as Photoshop 7.0, Office 2000 and some other programs. I've been given various suggestions in the past, though just recently I heard of a potential compatibility problem.

I currently use Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my projects. I have a pentium 4, 2.4gig system. I have 512 of ram. My system runs on windows XP. I am very used to Premiere Pro and would like to continue with it. When visiting a major computer store today, the salesman told me that the Adobe Premiere Pro Program is not compatible with the 7800gt video cards because Adobe was made to work with the AGP slots as apposed to the PCI Express slots. As a result, the video card will only enable you to see about 16 colors instead of all the colors.

Has anyone heard of this compatibility issue? The salesmen went on to say that when finally reaching Adobe, they admitted that the problem lied within their software as apposed to the 7800gt card. They went on to say that they will be putting out a whole new version that will be PCI Express compatible. If anyone has any knowledge of the above or thought in terms of what I may need in building this computer, please advise. I am not looking to spend thousands of dollars on a computer, so I do not need all the bells and whistles. Though, I would like as mentioned a very fast computer that will enable me to multitask smoothly and be able to upgrade as well. I unfortunately do not have the knowledge to build a computer.

Thanks for any assistance.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.