Diamond RIO 500 PMP

Hello all, It's me again with another XP r2600 problem. . . This time it's with USB. The ONLY connection i have with a USB device is to my Diamond Rio 500. It worked ok in Windows2000, and 98 but not with XP.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

6 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-16
Hello all, It's me again with another XP r2600 problem... This time it's with USB. The ONLY connection i have with a USB device is to my Diamond Rio 500. It worked ok in Windows2000, and 98 but not with XP. After plugging it in and turning it on XP detected it and installed a driver for it. The problem is that Rioport, or any other third party software that writes to it and reads from it can't detect the damn device!!! Windows XP supposedly sees it ok, as it plays a chime whenever i disconnect it or turn off the Rio.

Please help, I think it may be that I don't have the right services enabled??? I'm new to USB problems. Thanks in advance.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-03-15
Quote:
Hello all, It's me again with another XP r2600 problem... This time it's with USB. The ONLY connection i have with a USB device is to my Diamond Rio 500. It worked ok in Windows2000, and 98 but not with XP. After plugging it in and turning it on XP detected it and installed a driver for it. The problem is that Rioport, or any other third party software that writes to it and reads from it can't detect the damn device!!! Windows XP supposedly sees it ok, as it plays a chime whenever i disconnect it or turn off the Rio.

Please help, I think it may be that I don't have the right services enabled??? I'm new to USB problems. Thanks in advance.

I downloaded and installed the Rioport.com drivers and then install the RioPort 3.3 software and all is well.