hp deskjet 712c + XP

I know the deskjet 712c is supported by XP without any additional software, but I'm still having printing issues. I can print from Notepad just fine, but any other program screws up. The printer will activate and begin to print the document, but it stops and just sits there after printing about the first centimeter ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

31 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-04
I know the deskjet 712c is supported by XP without any additional software, but I'm still having printing issues. I can print from Notepad just fine, but any other program screws up. The printer will activate and begin to print the document, but it stops and just sits there after printing about the first centimeter of the document. The blinking green light keeps flashing, but the printer cartridges slide back to their "parked" posistion, and the print job disappears from the print queue. Here are my specs.

Abit KT7A-Raid w/ 3R bios
Athlon 1.2Ghz
256MB PC133
Geforce2-mx 400
SB Live! Value
WinXP Pro

Any Thoughts?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

31 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-06-04
OP
Ok, I just realized that the problem is with either my scanner or external zip drive. Since the printer was connected to the end of the chain of devices, something was strange was going on. When I plugged the printer into the computer directly, it worked fine. Now to isolate the problem to either the zip drive or scanner.