out of memory at line 402

I got an out of memory at line 402 I am wondering what this is and how might it cause problems and any fixes. At the moment I am doing nothing as it doesnt seem to be causing any computer probs. Perhaps it is related to the the BSoD's that I am getting when playing EVE for 20 minutes (getting a new gfx card to see ...

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-10-24
I got an "out of memory at line 402"

I am wondering what this is and how might it cause problems and any fixes. At the moment I am doing nothing as it doesnt seem to be causing any computer probs. Perhaps it is related to the the BSoD's that I am getting when playing EVE for 20 minutes (getting a new gfx card to see if that resolves the BSoD issue).

I only get the BSoD when running EVE, havent treid any other games though. Can spend many hours online, downloading stuff, watching DVD movies on the comp etc. with no probs, even after the "out of memory at..." error message.

Recently reformatted the hardrive and did a clean/new install of XP home, reinstalled the drivers, etc. Still the BSoD.

But, the question is, what about the "out of memory at line 402" error.

Will post any updates till resolved. Thanks for any info and help.

BSoD ==>
EVE ==>

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

320 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-09
First let's try to see the error that causes the BSOD.

Bring up system properties by doing either one of these:

Windows key + pause/break

Start > Run > sysdm.cpl

Once you have system properties on your screen, click on the advanced tab then under "Startup and recovery" click on the Setting button. Under "System Failure" uncheck the box in front of "Automatically restart" then apply your changes.

Now when you get the BSOD you will see an error message which can help pinpoint why the BSOD happened.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-10-24
OP
American Zombie (love the name btw, totally cool 8)) I hope this helps u.

Here is the BSoD error message:
---------------------------------------------------
Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Than_or_Equal

Tech info:
***stop: 0x000000D1(0X0000005C, 0X00000001, 0xF745A018)

***P16x.sys - Address F745A018 base at F7443000, Date stamp 3FafacZ
---------------------------------------------------
I am looking at the P16x, that is the name of my sound drivers (discovered that by accident). I have disabled my sound card to see if that fixes it. I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 (Dell) sound card. If this is indeed the problem, then my next question will become (possibly a new thread) which sound card can i get that is at least comparable and not likely to have this problem. This issue is known to occur in EVE online and Madden NFL 2005.

I have tried to play EVE again (after disabling sound card from the dxdiag), where i first noticed the problem, and have not had a crash in the typical 0 to 20 minutes that it occurs, so will have to see when i can get on for a couple hours. i did however notice a definate increase in lag during a slow and normall lag free time.

The drivers are the latest from creative labs, the problem occurs on both the old and new drivers.

Thanks for any and all help : )

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

320 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-09
If this is an OEM version of the card that came with the computer then you might want to make sure you are running the drivers from Dell and not the retail drivers from Creative. What you could do is uninstall the creative drivers then go to Windows update as the Dell drivers may appear in the hardware updates after you scan your system.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-10-24
OP
The sound card is a DELL OEM Soundblaster Live 5.1 soundcard. The drivers that I had installed are the drivers specifically meant for this card. I had uninstalled and reinstalled them and double checked to make sure I downloaded the correct drivers. D

Disabling the sound card and using the onboard sound has corrected the blue screen problem. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 enroute and will try that out to see if I can use a soundcard, another on EVE uses this card with no probs.

Thanks for the help.