PCI Express motherboards with S478 P4 support

Hey all, Does anyone know if any PCI Express motherboards will be coming out that can take a socket 478 Northwood Pentium 4 CPU and PC3200 (DDR400) Dimms? I've only ever seen ones that take the new LGA775 socket P4's.

Slack Space 1613 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

250 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-26
Hey all,

Does anyone know if any PCI Express motherboards will be coming out that can take a socket 478 Northwood Pentium 4 CPU and [preferably] PC3200 (DDR400) Dimms?

I've only ever seen ones that take the new LGA775 socket P4's.

TIA

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

250 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-26
OP
Found this MB from Asus.

Great for those who are happy with their CPU/RAM and just want to get a PCI-e video card for future proofing.

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1547 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-05-29
I figured some company would do this, I'm really glad to see it's from Asus, my preference for motherboards

I do have to mention one caveat however, this has to do with Intel as they will stop producing *all* there Socket 478 CPU's shortly to force everyone into purchasing there Socket-T CPU's instead

250 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-02-26
OP
Quote: I figured some company would do this, I'm really glad to see it's from Asus, my preference for motherboards

Yep, the Asus brand is a pretty good, although I'm sure we'll see boards from almost every other manufacturer soon.

Quote:I do have to mention one caveat however, this has to do with Intel as they will stop producing *all* there Socket 478 CPU's shortly to force everyone into purchasing there Socket-T CPU's instead

That the thing, I think that you'll be hard pushed to find socket 478 P4's even now. But, as I have a pretty decent P4 (2.4c) with PC3200 RAM the only thing that I need to upgrade at the mo is my video card (a GeForce 4200Ti) so I'll be getting a new PCI-e one along with one of these MBs and hopefully I'll be alright for another year .

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-10-14
Has anyone purchased this motherboard, or found a dealer that has them in stock?

I've searched high and low and only found zoomzipfly.com has it listed, but out of stock.

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=240347

Couldn't find anything on ebay either. Did this motherboard even hit the market?

Any other solutions for using socket 478 cpu's on a PCI Express motherboard?