Radeon 9600XT issue

Hi I have bought and fitted a Connect 3D 9600XT 256MB card. AGP version. The problem is am getting is with 3D graphics. For example I open the Catalyst Control centre and click on the 3D tab. The animation of the car starts and then within 1 second the screen goes blank.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-08-12
Hi

I have bought and fitted a Connect 3D 9600XT 256MB card. AGP version.

The problem is am getting is with 3D graphics. For example I open the Catalyst Control centre and click on the 3D tab. The animation of the car starts and then within 1 second the screen goes blank. I believe the Monitor is in fact not receiving a signal anymore. Or, when I start Grand Theft Auto San Andreas and start the game the same thing happens.

I have followed to installation path to the letter (rebooting after each step):

Remove old (Nvidia GeForce 3 ti 200) driver

Upgrade AGP software (NForce2 using Nvidia's latest all in one upgrade executable)

Install driver from CD

The problem mentioned happened in this situation. I then downloaded and installed the latest Radeon driver from ATI and had the same problem.

My PC configuration is as below :

Windows XP SP2

AMD 2800+ CPU

Asus A78NX 2.0 Deluxe Motherboard, BIOS version 1007.(Latest BIOS versions do not have any mention of a ATi card problem which is fixed).

512MB RAM

LG1710B TFT 17" Monitor

Netgear 512 network card

If anyone can advise me as to what the problem is I would be very grateful. If the issue is not resolved I will have to return the card which I would prefer to not have to do.

Many thanks

Haden Robbins

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar25.webp

309 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-07-13
You may still want to try a bios update anyways if there is a more recent one. Althought they may not mention a fix for ATI cards they may have fixed a voltage or timing issue with agp that might fix your problem.
then post back with news.
S