Sim City 3000 w/ Windows 7

First post, so don't be harsh! I did a search, couldn't find anything related to what I have. So I have an old game that I used to play all the time a long time ago, Sim City 3000. I believe back then I was using a Windows 2000 machine, and it worked very well.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2011-09-24
First post, so don't be harsh! I did a search, couldn't find anything related to what I have.

So I have an old game that I used to play all the time a long time ago, Sim City 3000. I believe back then I was using a Windows 2000 machine, and it worked very well. Well today, years later, even a change of home, I found the disk for the game and I want to play it again to revive old memories. However, I'm having trouble installing, as it freezes and I have to CRT-ALT-DELETE and run task manager and kill it.

I'm running Windows 7 with a HP Pavalion Elite HPE-510y. This machine runs today's games at or close to highest video settings. No modifications done to it.

This is as far as I could get, after I hit OK it sits for a while and then freezes, with the dreaded water mark overlay.

Also, I'm a noob when it comes to following step-by-step instructions on the computer, so the simpler, the better!

THANKS!
ALR350Z

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.