Stable Voodoo3 3000 Win2k Drivers?

Anyone have this combo that found stable drivers? Specificially for Descent 3's 3dfxGlide. Or even XP? The drivers that came with 2k, Descent3 doesn't even register Glide. I have a LAN today, and I just wiped my 2k and XP clients and reverted back to 98se.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

12 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-03
Anyone have this combo that found stable drivers? Specificially for Descent 3's 3dfxGlide. Or even XP?

The drivers that came with 2k, Descent3 doesn't even register Glide.

I have a LAN today, and I just wiped my 2k and XP clients and reverted back to 98se. Next time, however, I'd like to leave my clients alone

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

180 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-11-07
Well I had a voodoo3 2000 agp for a long time running win2k, using the last official drivers from 3Dfx, before they were bought.

You can get them from voodoofiles.com
here's a link:
http://www.voodoofiles.com/type.asp?cat_id=0

There's plenty of 3rd party drivers to be had at this page too, I've never personally used any, since my voodoo crapped out on me ages ago.

Hope this helps.

data/avatar/default/avatar14.webp

19 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-08-28
Hi ! I think I am the youngest on this forum, but I'll try to help as much as I can.
For Metallisoft : go to www.voodoofiles.com and you'll find in the upper right corner of the page the list with the most popular driver downloads. Select from there the Voodoo 2/3000 win2k drivers and install them. On the 28th August 2002 this driver was the 7th on the list. If you don't find it there, make a search with " Voodoo3 2/3000 W2K ".

Also you can try this link -> http://www.3dgw.com/drivers/drivers.php3?driver=voodoo3. I've not checked these drivers yet because the file size is too big for my dial-up connection, but maybe you can download the drivers you need from here and try them.

Good luck and please let me know what you have done, because I also have a Voodoo3 3000 which caused the one whom I got it from some troubles, but the driver that I've downloaded from voodoofiles.com works excellent for me in Win2k with SP3.