TheDiamond Stealth S80 Radeon 9200se is causing problems, please help me!

My little brother had this crappy Compaq computer and we bought him some ram because he wanted to play video games without the computer going up in smoke. He now has 640RAM and also wanted a graphics card.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-11-12
My little brother had this crappy Compaq computer and we bought him some ram because he wanted to play video games without the computer going up in smoke. He now has 640RAM and also wanted a graphics card. The graphics card was a Diamond Stealth S80 Radeon 9200SE. Its OS is Windows XP.

After installing it, it worked great with games helping the frame rate, and overall graphic display. But when we tried to get online, the computer takes forever and a day to find a page. We have DSL and it normally pulls an entire page up in seconds, but now gives us a "Cannot Find Page" error.

We contacted the hardware company and our ISP, and they said that we should have disabled the original video driver. We did, and the internet is back working.

But now, certain things don't load, many "x's" appear (broken links), and we are unable to download anything, because it always says "server has been reset." We also cannot stay connected to AOL IM.

The whole reason for getting a new graphics card was for my bro. to play Star Wars Battlefront, but since it can't say connected to a server, he's screwed.

Can you guys help us? PLEASE!!!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar10.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-28
Your other problems aside, can you play Star Wars Battlefront with a Radeon 9200se?
I have an Athlon 2.4 with a Radeon 128mB 9200se and it would only play on about two or three of the Battlefront levels. Then I adjusted my dislay settings from 32 bit to 16 bit and I could play a few more levels, about half of the 15 or so levels in the game. I then installed the game on another of my PCs, an Athlon 2.0 with an Nvidia Geforce4 64mB (both PCs have 512 RAM) and every level plays perfectly. Very weird, considering the drop in power. Next I'll try loading it onto my Intel 3.0 with Radeon 9800 and if that doesn't work then I'll know that the game was made for Nvidia (which is what it says when it loads). The Radeons work well with all other games (Half Life 2, etc - in fact, I switched to ATI graphics cards because of their superior gaming ability) so I think the problem may be that George Lucas has sold the remains of his soul to the Dark Side.

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-03-17
I just bought a new diamond stealth 9200se and i have an original video card built in to my motherboard. After ive uninstalled my drivers for my original video card i put my new video card into the pci slot and when i turn it on nothing happends, the screen wont turn on or anything. but if i take out the card and turn on the computer it works,obviously the grafics are crap since i dont have any of the drivers for the other video card installed but i was just wondering if anyone could help me out.... thanks

data/avatar/default/avatar39.webp

1457 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-12-18
Generally, you will need to go into bios and by-pass the onboard graphics. Save the changes when you exit the bios, then power down your computer. Then, put in your new graphics card and power it up. You might want to include the type of computer you are using and the operating system you have in case you run into further bumps.

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-30
i lost my drivers for mine and it lets me do everything except evrything lags cause the fps (frames per second) is horrible i have the diamond stealth 9200se s80 128mb and i serioulsy thought i was the only one who had it cause no one else knew wut i was talking about when i asked for drivers--- does ne one here know where i can find these drivers? i lost my disk and when i reinstalled windows it uninstalled everything obviously. plz help! tmaff1337@hotmail.com if u have a link

data/avatar/default/avatar07.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-30
and on the topic of ur video card not working, make sure ur using a pci video card lol because the 9200se that i have is agp and i think this particular model r all agp and if u touch the gold tabs it will ruin ur card so make sure there rnt ne scratches or fingerprints