AMD has released AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Technical Preview Driver for AMD Fluid Motion Frames Version 23.30.01.02.
Adrenalin Edition Preview Driver for AMD Fluid Motion Frames
Welcome to the latest AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Preview Driver, containing new features, technologies and updates currently under production, including AMD Fluid Motion Frames – an exciting upcoming feature which boosts FPS with frame generation technology which offers a smoother gaming experience. To learn more about what is contained in this driver, read the blog HERE.
This preview driver is intended to provide users an early first-look into upcoming features within AMD Software; feedback is encouraged and can be submitted through the AMD Bug Report Tool. If issues arise or persist during the usage of the Preview Driver, please use the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Tool to revert the latest recommended AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition driver.
New Feature Highlights
AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF) Technical Preview – Boost FPS with frame generation technology for a smoother gaming experience.
- AFMF adds frame generation technology to DirectX® 11 and 12 games on AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series Desktop Graphics.
- AFMF preserves image quality by dynamically disabling frame generation during fast motion.
What to know
AMD Fluid Motion Frames (AFMF)
AFMF may be enabled for any DirectX® 11 and 12 title such as Cyberpunk 2077 using the per-app settings within AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™.
- AFMF can be automatically enabled using HYPR-RX or using the Global Graphics Settings toggle for these select titles;
A Plague Tale - Requiem Borderlands 3 Control Dead Space Deep Rock Galactic Dying Light 2 Far Cry® 6 Ghostwire: Tokyo Hitman 3 Hogwarts Legacy Horizon Zero Dawn™ Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition Red Dead Redemption 2 Resident Evil 3 Resident Evil 4 Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™ Starfield The Last of Us™ Part 1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
AFMF can introduce additional latency in games and is recommended to be combined with AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag/Anti-Lag+ for the optimal experience.
As AFMF may introduce additional latency in games, AFMF may not offer the optimal experience in fast-paced competitive titles.
- The AFMF technical preview currently requires the game to be played in fullscreen mode with HDR disabled and VSYNC disabled.
- For the optimal experience, AFMF is recommended to be used on AMD FreeSync™ displays.
- Users are recommended to disable HDR in Windows Display Settings, or disable HDR in the game (as well as Auto-HDR).
AFMF features an activity monitor similar to AMD Radeon Super Resolution to confirm the frame generation status using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™’s in-game overlay (use the default hotkey of Alt-R for the fullscreen overlay, or Alt-Z for the sidebar overlay)
AFMF is recommended to be enabled for games running at a minimum fps of 55 FPS for 1080p displays, and 70 FPS for 1440p or above displays.
- AFMF adds frame generation technology to boost FPS outside of the game’s engine. To see the resulting FPS, use the AMD Software Performance Metrics Overlay. Support for third-party performance monitoring tools is not available at this moment.
- AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ may fail to install on some systems.
- Intermittent driver crashes have been observed while AFMF is enabled and the game's resolution is changed or a task switch happens (such as alt-tab between different windows).
- Brief corruption may be observed when switching between windows with AFMF enabled on some 144Hz or greater monitors.
- Brief stutter may be experienced after closing the Xbox Game Bar.
- FreeSync™ displays may report an erratic FPS when AFMF is enabled.
- Some metrics such as frame time may show inconsistent results when AFMF is enabled.
AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ Technical Preview Driver for AMD Fluid Motion Frames Version 23.30.01.02 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.23001.2007).