In the v0.69 release cycle, we focused on new features, stability and improvements. Early notice for v0.70, we will be releasing it later in May 2023.
Per user - x64 Installer Hash - PowerToysUserSetup-0.69.0-x64.exe
Per user - ARM64 Installer Hash - PowerToysUserSetup-0.69.0-arm64.exe
Machine wide - x64 Installer Hash - PowerToysSetup-0.69.0-x64.exe
Machine wide - ARM64 Installer Hash - PowerToysSetup-0.69.0-arm64.exe
- New utility: Registry Preview is a utility to visualize and edit Windows Registry files. Thanks @randyrants!
- Support per-user scope installation.
- Awake: Quality-of-life improvements and introduced keeping system awake until expiration time and date. Thanks @dend!
- PowerToys Run: Fix crashing issue caused by thumbnail image loading.
- New utility: Registry Preview. Thanks @randyrants!
- Fix issue causing folders to not be removed on uninstall.
- Support per-user scope installation.
- Companies can control this using the new GPO.
- Quality-of-life improvements and introduced keeping system awake until expiration time and date. Thanks @dend!
- Fix issue sampling timing and grid issue causing Color Picker to sample the color of its own grid. Thanks @IHorvalds!
- Fix window cycling on multiple monitors issue.
- Add context menu icon. Thanks @htcfreek!
- Mouse Jump - Simulate mouse input event on mouse jump in addition to cursor move.
- Mouse Jump - Improve performance of screenshot generation. Thanks @mikeclayton!
Paste as Plain Text
- Support Ctrl+V as activation shortcut. (This was a hotfix for 0.67)
- Repress modifier keys after plain paste. (This was a hotfix for 0.67) Thanks @UnderKoen!
- Set default shortcut to Ctrl+Win+Alt+V. (This was a hotfix for 0.67)
- Update icons. Thanks @niels9001!
- Show PowerRename in directory background context menu.
- Fix the crash on clicking Select/UnselectAll checkbox while showing only files to be renamed.
- Improve performance on populating Renamed items when many items are being renamed.
- Add setting to disable thumbnails generation for files. (This was a hotfix for 0.67)
- Calculator plugin - handle implied multiplication expressions. Thanks @jjavierdguezas!
- Fix Calculator plugin unit tests to respect decimal separator locale. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Fix crashing caused by thumbnail image loading.
- Date & Time plugin - Add filename-compatible date & time format. Thanks @Picazsoo!
- Improved the error message shown on plugin loading error. Thanks @htcfreek!
- Fix existing and add missing Hebrew and Pinyin characters. Thanks @stevenlele!
- Added a new utility: Registry Preview.
- Thanks @htcfreek! for the help shipping this utility!
- Thanks @niels9001 for the help on the UI!
Video Conference Mute
- Add toolbar DPI scaling support.
- Fix selecting overlay image when Settings app is running elevated.
- Add push-to-talk (and push-to-reverse) feature. Thanks @pajawojciech!
- Fix Experiment bitmap icon rendering on theme change and bump CommunityToolkit.Labs.WinUI.SettingsControls package version. Thanks @niels9001!
- Video Conference Mute page improvements. Thanks @Jay-o-Way!
- Add warning that PowerToys Run might get no focus if "Use centralized keyboard hook" settings is enabled. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Fix ShortcutControl issues related to keyboard input focus, theme change and missing error badge when invalid key is pressed. Thanks @htcfreek!
- Add warning when Ctrl+V and Ctrl+Shift+V is used as an activation shortcut for Paste as Plain Text. Thanks @htcfreek!
- Update CONTRIBUTING.md with information about localization issues. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Remove localization from URLs. Thanks @Jay-o-Way!
- Add dev docs for tools. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Ignore spellcheck for MouseJumpUI/MainForm.resx file. (This was a hotfix for 0.67)
- Optimize versionAndSignCheck.ps1 script. Thanks @snickler!
- Upgraded NetAnalyzers to 7.0.1. Thanks @davidegiacometti!
- Move all DLL imports in Settings project to NativeMethods.cs file.
- Fix FancyZones tools build issues. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Centralize Logger used in C# projects. Thanks @Aaron-Junker!
- Add missing project references. Thanks @ACGNnsj!
Clint Rutkas has announced the release of PowerToys 0.69.0. Microsoft PowerToys is a set of utilities for power users to tune and streamline their Windows experience for greater productivity.