Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds 22621.2262 and 22631.2262 to Windows Insiders in the beta channel.
Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2262 and 22631.2262 (Beta Channel)
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2262 and Build 22631.2262 (KB5029339) to the Beta Channel.
What’s new in Build 22631.2262
Introducing the new Settings homepage
We’re introducing a new homepage in Settings that offers you a dynamic and personalized experience. It provides an overview of your device, quick access to key settings, and helps manage your Microsoft account.New Settings homepage.
We created interactive cards that represent various device and account related settings, grouped by commonly accessed functions. Each card is optimized to offer the most relevant information and controls at your fingertips. In this release, you’ll see up to seven cards, with more coming soon.
Here’s an overview of each card:
- Recommended settings: This card adapts to your specific usage patterns, providing timely and relevant settings options. It’s designed to streamline your settings management and save you time.
- Cloud storage: Gives you an overview of your cloud storage use and lets you know when you’re nearing capacity.
- Account recovery: Helps keep your Microsoft account more secure by helping you add additional recovery info so you never get locked out of your account, even if you forget your password.
- Personalization: Brings customization to the forefront by offering one-click access to update your background theme or change your color mode.
- Microsoft 365: Provides a quick glimpse of your subscription status and benefits, along with the ability to take some key actions right in Settings instead of going to the web.
- Xbox: Similar to the Microsoft 365 card, you’ll be able to view your subscription status and manage the subscription from the Settings app.
- Bluetooth Devices: To simplify your Bluetooth device management experience, we’ve brought this to the forefront so you can quickly access and connect to your favorite Bluetooth-enabled devices.
You can take swift actions directly from this page with just a click, making device and account management seamless and efficient. What sets the homepage apart even further is that it’s more than just a landing page—it evolves and learns with you. As you use your device, it’ll adjust to provide the most relevant and useful information based on your usage and preferences.
NOTE: This experience will only be available on Windows 11 Home and Pro editions and not on devices managed by organizations.
[We are beginning to roll this out, so the experience isn’t available to all Insiders in the Beta Channel just yet as we plan to monitor feedback and see how it lands before pushing it out to everyone.]
FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Settings > Settings Homepage.
Backup and Restore improvements
Building on the The Windows Backup app.
Welcome back screen showing PC restoring from backup.
- Windows Backup app – we’re introducing this new app to quickly get your current PC backed up and ready to move to a new PC.
- App pins – your Store apps from your prior PC will be pinned where you left them, both on taskbar and in the Start menu.
- Settings – Settings from your previous device will restore to your new PC to help you get back into the flow as quickly as possible.
Once you’re backed up either via the new Windows Backup app or by visiting Accounts/Windows Backup in settings, you can try out the new restore during the out-of-box- experience (OOBE) when setting up a new PC or by Screenshot showing a dialog box to install an app from the web.
NOTE: An easy way for Insiders to try this experience out is by running the Windows Backup app on a PC running this build and choosing “Reset this PC” under Settings > System > Recovery and then going through OOBE for the new restore experience.
For developers, review the developer best practices to learn more about how to provide the best restore experience for your app. Note that in this build not all settings and app types are supported, including Android apps. Backing up a Work or School account is also not supported.
FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Install and Update > Backup and Restore.