Microsoft has released both Windows 11 Insider Preview Builds 22621.2265 and 22631.2265 to Windows Insiders in the beta channel.
Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2265 and 22631.2265 (Beta Channel)
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2265 and Build 22631.2265 (KB5029347) to the Beta Channel.
Changes and Improvements in Build 22631.2265
- With the update of our color font format to Before and after of the updated color format for emoji.
- The new Settings homepage which began rolling out with last week’s Beta Channel flight should now be available to all Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel.
Fixes in Build 22631.2265
- Fixed an issue causing explorer.exe to crash on the login screen when attempting to enter safe mode.
[Taskbar & System Tray]
- Fixed an issue which was causing apps in the taskbar to appear cut off without a rounded corner on the end when you had a lot of app windows open and the taskbar was set to not combine.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash impacting taskbar appearing correctly after powering on your device.
- Fixed a few crashes impacting File Explorer launch reliability.
- Did some work to help improve File Explorer launch performance in certain scenarios.
- Fixed an issue where the icons on the desktop may all go blank.
- Fixed an issue where using the Reset Folders button in Folder Options could cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Fixed an issue where if you tried to copy and paste a file out of a compressed folder and into a OneDrive folder might fail with an error code.
- Fixed an issue which was causing File Explorer to crash when navigating to Gallery if you had a large number of images.
- Fixed an issue where saving files to OneDrive locations in File Explorer could take a very long time, making it seem like the app you were saving from had become unresponsive, in the latest Insider builds.
- Fixed an issue where “Automatically type into the Search Box” wasn’t working when File Explorer was open to Home.
- Fixed an issue where the chevrons in the File Explorer address bar were pointing in the wrong direction if your display language was set to Arabic or Hebrew.
- Fixed an issue which was causing some labels to be missing across various places in Settings in the last couple flights.
- Did some work to help improve the performance of opening Settings for Insiders with the new Home page.
- Fixed an issue where Dev Drives might not auto-mount after upgrading to a new build, causing apps that tried to access them to not work.
- Improved error messages if Dev Drives fail to format.
- Fixed an issue where if you did a search and then cleared it, the view would still be filtered.
- Fixed an issue which was causing sporadic crashes when using Task Manager, including when ending tasks.
- Fixed an issue where the search icon could become overlapped with the Task Manager text in the title bar.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to move the Task Manager window with touch or pen.