Windows Package Manager 1.6.2701
This release is the second stable release of Windows Package Manager 1.6 for Windows 10 (1809+) and Windows 11. Experimental features have been disabled in this release.
winget configurecommand is now a stable feature and can be used to automatically handle the setup and configuration requirements for an ideal development environment on your Windows machine. Applying a WinGet configuration file helps with installing and managing software packages, applications, programming languages, frameworks, tools, or settings necessary for a project.
Support for package dependencies is also included in this stable release. You can also use the
winget downloadcommand to download a package installer to your local machine.
- Set default user agent for http range requests by @yao-msft in #3645
- Change alternate url by @JohnMcPMS in #3646
- Improve packaged source updating by @JohnMcPMS in #3657
- Add a bit of randomness to the wait time after source update failure by @JohnMcPMS in #3661
- Log Com invocation startup telemetry and delay auto update time when invoked from explorer by @yaomsftin #3665
- Fix localized strings output by @mdanish-kh in #3673
- Improve the version header detection and logging by @JohnMcPMS in #3680
Full Changelog: release-v1.6.2631...release-v1.6.2701
Microsoft has released Windows Package Manager 1.6.2701.