2000 pro re-install problem

Hi, I had a problem in that my mouse would not work in safe mode, I thought that a re-install would solve the problem, when in fact it was much simpler than I thought, (I was using an old serial mouse as a replacement for a broken mouse).

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar32.webp

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-04
Hi, I had a problem in that my mouse would not work in safe mode, I thought that a re-install would solve the problem, when in fact it was much simpler than I thought, (I was using an old serial mouse as a replacement for a broken mouse). Problem solved, however before I realived this I tried to re-install 2000 pro, I got an error message that said 'file fasttrak.sys could not be found', the installation aborted. When i boot the machine now, it automatically tries to carry on the installation, there is also a setup partition added to the boot menu, of which this setup has become the default, and I have to abort and select my operating system to boot into the current 2000 pro. How can I remove this from the machine and return it to the original config. ? Cheers

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar09.webp

1019 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-21
You'll need modify C:\Boot.ini file.

Start->Run. notepad c:\boot.ini