Need Help ABout My ATI Radeon 9200...

WHen i try to install my drivers For my ATI Radeon 9200 it tells me to restart so i do. . . But yet My Computer Locks up and stops responding at The Start up screen Os: Xp Pro Service pack 2 my computer is rather old and out dated but i only play unreal on it but i was givin this video card from my g/f It works in ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar30.webp

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-04-08
WHen i try to install my drivers For my ATI Radeon 9200 it tells me to restart so i do...But yet My Computer Locks up and stops responding at The Start up screen Os: Xp Pro Service pack 2 my computer is rather old and out dated but i only play unreal on it but i was givin this video card from my g/f It works in hers but not in mine got any suggestions? What was in my Computer before this one was a Ati Rage fury 128 32mb thanks again...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar26.webp

690 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-05-06
Try up[censored] the motherboard drivers before installing the Radeon drivers, lockup maybe due to an issue with your current m/b AGP motherboard drivers.

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-04-08
OP
Ehhh i can't find updated stuff for my Motherboard and its a Cornerstone FIC SD11 Slot A ATX Motherboard (OEM ASPEN 2 VERSION)its rather old....Im runnin a 700 mhz Amd Thunderbird...It was made for this motherboard... but i can't find anything on it that would help me...I need help if you you could help or someone...Please...Thank you.

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

71 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-11-21
Did you unistall your first video card and if you have an on-board card did you disable it, if you did all that you might have to update your bios version or thats what I had to do with my 9250 ati raedon personally i like nvidia better

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-04-08
OP
Im looking for updated bios for my motherboard but having trouble finding some...I need help...

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

37 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-08-03
I grabbed this off the FIC web pages:

Q3: VIA chipsset (according to their web page) supports AGP 4X. FIC SD11 using this chipset support only AGP 2X (according to your web page). Why are the chip set & motherboard makers not exactly same in the support level?
A: FIC SD11 use AMD 751 as north bridge and VIA 686A (audio disabled) as south bridge, AMD751 support AGP 2X mode only.

IIRC the Radeon 9200 is AGP 8X.

I'm afraid it wont work with your motherboard

Mabey you could try to find a cheap older AGP 2X card on Ebay

4 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-04-08
OP
Thanks....I guess im just gonna have to buy a new motherboard and new AMD Processor this computer is way out dated and i've pushed it as far as it could go anyways...thanks again for your help.