PaperPort 6.x and Visioneer 6100 USB

Hi, since upgrading to Win XP I can't get my Visioneer 6100 USB scanner working. The scan manager just hangs. I've looked at Visioneer's site and it seems they no longer support Paperport 6. x and I'll need to upgrade to version 7 or 8.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar21.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-11-12
Hi, since upgrading to Win XP I can't get my Visioneer 6100 USB scanner working. The scan manager just hangs. I've looked at Visioneer's site and it seems they no longer support Paperport 6.x and I'll need to upgrade to version 7 or 8.

Is this really necessary because it's almost as cheap to go buy another scanner (which won't be a Visioneer after this).

Thanks,

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

295 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-07-04
I have a Visioneer OneTouch 8700 USB with PaperPort Deluxe 7.0
No problems here.

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

155 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-04-11
Hi,

Your 6100USB should most likely work according to the page below -

http://support.visioneer.com/customer/winxp.html

However, I believe you need PaperPort 7 or 8; if you were close by, like right next door, I'd let you borrow my PaperPort Deluxe 8 CD to verify your 6100USB works, before you go spending $$$ on a new scanner.

PM me if you like, Ricardo & atreyu.

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-22
what version(s) of Paperport will work with the Visioneer 6100usb scanner and Win XP Pro?

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-22
will any of the HP software that comes with the combo print scan copy models work as scanning software for the visioneer 6100usb?

like the software that comes with the HP psc 2410 with
Software CD-ROM (HP Photo & Imaging software, HP Director, Photo Gallery, Image Editor, HP Scan to E-mail, PC-Fax, HP Scan to Web, HP Creative Photo Projects, IRIS OCR, DVD creator, HP Memories Disc Creator, HP PCL Level 3 Enhanced Driver)??????

will this work with the visioneer 6100usb with winxp?

i know ppl mentioned that Paperport 7 or 8 will work with the visioneer 6100usb and win xp but not 6. i found a link on visioneer europes site explaining how to get this to work with winxp and paperpoprt 6.x only but doesn't say that 7 ,8 or 9 will work.

I have PaperPort 9 office I am going to try but worried that only 7 or 8 work or 6 with this method explained here.

hope this helps anyone who has the 6100usb on win xp with PaperPort 6.x but we seemed to have lost our cd and before i pay 9.99 for a replacment cd i'm going to try PaperPort 9 office.