Problem with Intel D915GAV

i bought new pc with the configuration, D915GAV, P4 HT 3. 0 processor, 512DDR , 400mhz ram, and i am running WIN XP with service pack 2, sata (samsung) hdd, with ntfs, (i chk fat32 too)and i am having a problem that, whenever i play any game like GTA Vice city, or Virtua tennis, and after playing when i restart my ...

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-10-08
i bought new pc with the configuration, D915GAV, P4 HT 3.0 processor, 512DDR , 400mhz ram, and i am running WIN XP with service pack 2, sata (samsung) hdd, with ntfs, (i chk fat32 too)and i am having a problem that, whenever i play any game like GTA Vice city, or Virtua tennis, and after playing when i restart my pc, there is no any display on the monitor, for a long time there is blank black screen, then i reset , then boot menu displayed showing error that last time computer not shutdown properly and diff. options, like safe mode, safe mode with networking etc...
if i choose start window normally then system helds, and only safe mode works, but when i again try to restart in normal mode, then same problem occord...
then whether i have to restore windows to any previous restore point...any point, or have to format and reinstall the windows...
i did all, no any virus, i delete all partiotions and make only a single partition but same problem occured...
is there any graphics card error...
now what to do, what i should do, what is this problem...replace main board...??

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-10-03
I had exactly same problem with exactly same configuration, but now it seems to be fine...
In my case, I think, problems were caused by my buggy Radeon X600. It was freezing system repeatedly many times, so system files were damaged badly, I guess... Virus checks don't discover anything.
I've updated BIOS (just in case...) and wiped system completely, then reinstalled everything. As I said, everything works fine now.

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-10-22
I am now setting up my Intel D915GAV board and thus far I have the video, memory and processor/fan and power supply connected and I am not getting any power on my board. Can someone please help me figure out this baad boy.

data/avatar/default/avatar22.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-10-23
i have that same mainboard but basically the same specs, cept that my video card is a Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT OC. while im playing a game it would crash and when it restart but the screen wouldnt show up... eventually after some trouble shooting i realised the video card itself was defective... it had a loose heatsink which was barely noticable and was overheating... so i sent the card back and they sent me a brand spanking new one and its been working fine ever since.

data/avatar/default/avatar06.webp

13 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-01-13
No people it is the samesung last time i move my computer to my friends house then back and i had the same problem. NOTE: me one is intel celeron