Problems with Nvidia GeForce MX4000

I am not a computer pro here, but I know a fair amount and would love any help I can get. Here is the problem: I have installed my Nvidia GeForce MX4000 (PCI slot) and in the manual it says Turn off computer, put in the card, plug monitor into card, turn computer on.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-07-22
I am not a computer pro here, but I know a fair amount and would love any help I can get. Here is the problem: I have installed my Nvidia GeForce MX4000 (PCI slot) and in the manual it says "Turn off computer, put in the card, plug monitor into card, turn computer on." I do that and the monitor doesnt show anything.
When I plug the monitor back into the original CRT plug on the back of my computer, it shows up. But if I plug another monitor into the video card CRT plug, then that one shows a picture of my desktop. I can use Nvidia options and move my taskbar and things back and forth, and I can drag windows across monitors and things like that, but I want only one monitor to be running off the video card. When I try to run games, ex: City of Heroes, EverQuest, or even Rise of Nation's; I get fatal errors and the program closes.
I originally had onboard Intel Extreme Graphics controller, but I disabled and uninstalled everything like I was told to by the very limited Tech Support I had from eVGA.com.
One other thing, when I open "display properties" or "Nview Options" it shows up only as having one monitor connected. Not the two monitors giving me the option to set one as primary or whatever.
Please give me help of any kind, if you have any questions to help answer my problem, email me at insaneclown120@hotmail.com or leave me a message on here.
Please reply as soon as you can, I want my games back!
Oh, by the way, I am running Windows XP on an eMachines, 2.8 ghz, 512 ram PC.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar35.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-12-16
Hi Everyone,
This info I want to explain will possibly help
some people about the Nvidia GeForce MX 4000.
I have an Nvidia GeForce MX 4000 and I know
exactly what you're going through.
I just found this out 2 months back.
These new PC Games like Battlefield 2, Metal
of Honor: Pacific Assault, ect. require certain
video cards that have Shader Model 3.0, check out the file Readme.txt in the PC Game folder on the hard drive.
It's a new graphics technology that comes with
certain video cards. Your best bet is to try to find and buy a certain video card called the Nvidia GeForce 6100. It's the cheapest known video card with Shader Model 3.0 and with
good quality. Try www.amazon.com, www.compusa.com, and
www.frys.com for searching for this video card. Check your PC of what type of motherboard you have and the type of card input slots you have when buying this video card. Therefore if buy a new card, you won't have to get a refund for it.
Go ahead and search for key words on Google like Pixel Shader 3.0 and Shader Model 3.0, because these are new technologies on new video cards required by new games that a lot of people do not know about. It shocked me when I went to buy this piece of crap video card. Half-Life 2 worked fine, but Battlefield 2 and F.E.A.R., require high requirements like Pixel Shader 3.0 on video cards to run the games. And keep in mind that they are not
software programs, they are built in technologies inside new up to date video cards. The most expensive card is the awesome
Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX costing $400, $500, and $600. There is also the one below that, the Nvidia GeForce 7800 GT costing $300 and $450. Find a way to save up or invest money to purchase these video cards at computer stores.
I don't want to sound like a nerd, but it's new tech in PC games that require you to have in order to play these certain games.
I hope this info helps everyone that it can. My email is
r99g8@yahoo.com
Good Luck!

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-05-15
i just got the df mx 4000 and win i play videos the video lags a little and the audio sonds realy bad any way to fix this i downloaed and installd the new drivers and dx9

windos xp
128ram
60gb hd
sond blaster sc