quicktime 2.1.2.59 alternative to get game to work

I hate old games that make you use an old version of quicktime. I have the recent quicktime pro on computer (xp) but a game I have requires quicktime and comes with the download for 2. 1. 2. 59 but it doesn't want to install it unless I uninstall the quicktime that's already installed.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar14.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2010-03-06
I hate old games that make you use an old version of quicktime.
I have the recent quicktime pro on computer (xp) but a game I have requires quicktime and comes with the download for 2.1.2.59 but it doesn't want to install it unless I uninstall the quicktime that's already installed. SO what I have seen of quicktime alternatives looks like it's only for webpages with media on it? Is there a way I can get this game to work for my kid without having to uninstall the quicktime I have installed on my computer? Would any of those quicktime alternatives work for this, especially since it's such an old version? I guess I could set up a virtual machine but it seems like alot of trouble for a game and I don't have much room on computer (not to mention I have never done it before.)
Thanks for any help.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.