Win 2000, TNT2/Ultra and Everquest

Here's the setup. Win 2000 (Build 2195), TNT2/ultra Detonator Drivers v3. 64 or v3. 65. Application: Everquest. Soundcard: SB Live. It's really ackward, Im playing the game and for no apparent reason it seems to lock up (freezed the whole OS) every 2 hours or so.

Windows Games 5469 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-12-20
Here's the setup.

Win 2000 (Build 2195), TNT2/ultra Detonator Drivers v3.64 or v3.65. Application: Everquest. Soundcard: SB Live.

It's really ackward, Im playing the game and for no apparent reason it seems to lock up (freezed the whole OS) every 2 hours or so. This is the same system that runs 98 and NT without problems. When it lockups during Everquest everything is frozen except the sound, sound is still playing, weird huh ? So possible problems could be Video or Sound Drivers right ? Not sure when to proceed now. Another thing I noticed is that W2K says that FOUR devices are using IRQ9, which is extremely weird, cause like I said same system runs 98 and NT. It says both of my SCSI cards are using IRQ 9, the Video Card and Sound Card, how can that be right !?! Anyhow, everything works great EXCEPT the only game I play Everquest. Would really appreciate your help and input on this.

Thanks
Anglagard

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-05
I have the same problem...

once it froze up before i got into eqgame, so i was able to ctrl-alt-del and close it, and i got a direct input error for my keyboard. not a fix, but maybe this info will help someone find something