xp compatibility w/ HP Scanjet 4100C

I hope I put this in the right place. A friend recently purchased a Dell with Windows XP. It won't let her install the original driver for her HP Scanjet 4100C scanner (keeps saying not compatible with XP, and can't bypass).

Everything New Technology 1823 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

10 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-22
I hope I put this in the right place. A friend recently purchased a Dell with Windows XP. It won't let her install the original driver for her HP Scanjet 4100C scanner (keeps saying not compatible with XP, and can't bypass). When I try to download the driver from HP, it says it's an upgrade only. When I try to install it, it errors out and says it can't.
Does anyone know if this scanner is compatible and, if so, where I can get the driver? ?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar04.webp

10 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-22
OP
Thanks for the URL.
It looks like the hits are either for ME, or you need to use the W2K CD to get XP to work, plus manipulate regedit, which my friend isn't comfortable with on her new machine. I think she's probably just going to purchase a new one instead of try the latter choice.

data/avatar/default/avatar17.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2003-10-27
I've been using the 6300 softaware since XP was in Beta for my 4100c. The front buttons don't work half the time so I lanuch from the start menu. [ http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwareDownloadIndex.jhtml?reg=&cc=us&softitem=sj674en&prodId=hpscanjet618414&lc=en&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software] It's the 95.27 MB download. You might try the button fix file. I can't remenber if I have or not. Also you may have problems installing on a system that you have tried other drivers and fixes so you might have to do a clean install of Windows. This would be best anyway. Hope this helps.

Reyede

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-02-06
thanks for the drivers