Date: 2024-05-19 07:06 | Last update:

Windows Hardware

A forum for discussions of Windows hardware and driver problems

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

USB storage device "not formatted error"

takumikuroda
My laptop is on WIndows XP SP3. . . . recently, i've windows updated my laptop and after restart, whenever i tried to open any usb storage device (pendrive and external hard disk), it state the disk in drive not formatted.
0 2684
avatar Last reply by takumikuroda on

c000021a {Fatal System Error}

IrishShapes
on my desk top i had a recurring spyware (Vundo i think) which was grating me, so after many scans and quarantines and deletes etc, i looked it up online! from the symatic website it said to boot up in safe mode, turn off system restore and run scan, when scan complete, delete and reboot, turning off safe mode and ...
4 5909
avatar Last reply by newbie587 on

Usb 2.0 devices not recognized...

EvilYoda
I have a slightly older pc (motherboard is about 5 years old) Until 3 months ago, both the 2. 0 and 1. 1 USB ports were working fine. I do not know what exactly happened, but, now, the only way it will recognize anything plugged into the 2.
1 3720

WD Passport

stevenhayes
Been working great for over 1 year. Today I put a few files on it, then left the house. Came back and drive is dead. It now says It must be formatted to use. I have over 300 gigs on it and over 1 year old.
0 2294
avatar Last reply by stevenhayes on

Asus P5GL-TMX/S Motherboard problem

ash4
Hie Guys l have an asus p5gl-tmx/s motherboard on my computer. the problem started wen the computer was rebooting itself repeatedly, so l stripped it componenet by component and rebuilt it again and formatted the hard drive on another computer.
3 10791

Enabling remote desktop from run

hroberts2
Help. . . . Got a major problem that I'm trying to solve. I have a dell d610 laptop that the display has gone out. I've tried plugging a monitor into it and everything and none of those solutions work.
8 5947
avatar Last reply by saraan2008 on

USB NOT RECOGNIZED

shakesgar
Hi everyone I'm having a serious problem with a ''USB NOT RECOGNIZED ERROR'' whenever i plug a usb device into any of the four usb ports on my laptop. This started happening about a week ago and i've since being trying all sorts to fix this issue.
3 4902
avatar Last reply by shakesgar on

Best way to upgrade OS HD

janfebmar
Hi So, here I am listening and watching my WD raptor disk failing slowly, day after day. I figured its time to jump on the SSD train and buy myself an SSD disk. Now, what is the best way to clone my HD so I dont have to install windows, drivers and apps again?.
2 3006
avatar Last reply by janfebmar on

Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop internal speaker replace

Alice Fred
A few months back I got a refurbished Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop from Overstock. com through. It was working pretty fine, but accidentally the internal speaker stopped working. I want to replace it with the new one, but it is out of stock in Dell company.
2 4768
avatar Last reply by Alice Fred on

dual monitors

oceanstate
Hello there, I dont know much about this but I would like to run 2 monitors from my desktop. I have a VIA/S3G KM400/KN400 video. .
1 1982

Samsung SATA Drive Problems

CragHack
I just purchased a Samsung SH-S183L SATA DVD-RW drive and I cannot get it to work. Whenever I try to boot with the drive connected, the computer will not start up. No POST beep, no nothing. Without it connected, everything works just fine.
13 31545
avatar Last reply by nocaronion on

Second WD ext. hard drive not recognized

Chemist31
This is a little different question than I have seen searching the various forums. I had two WD 500GB external hard drives connected (via USB) and working well (not a trusting soul). Due to the dearth of USB ports on this old computer (which still works well), I have to disconnect one of these hard drives to upload ...
0 3214
avatar Last reply by Chemist31 on

USB Devices Not Recognized!

shumailh
Hi, I couldn't connect my 500 GB USB. I mostly save my data from home and on last Monday I just accidently deleted some hidden file from my USB i. e. “Recycle Bin Folder”. After that whenever I plug in my USB it shows a balloon on task bar panel as below: “One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfun ...
3 3923

Trouble replacing display on Toshiba Satellite lap

geno368
A family member asked me to replace her Toshiba M35x-s349 laptop display for her. I hooked up an external monitor to check video drivers, etc. . worked fine. After dismantling the unit I found that someone elso had been into it before and didn't replace all the screws.
1 2568
avatar Last reply by LightSpeed on

external hard drive excluded from computer

ccurrey
I recently recieved a Dell Optiplex GX520 computer with Windows Xp Pro Sp2, and I connected a Western Digital My Book 1TB External Hard Drive, Everything worked fine until 2/19/10 When I installed a new video driver.
2 2185

Pretty sure I messed my laptop up.. yet again

rolsen84
So I did something stupid yesterday, and Im kicking myself in the butt today for it. I do not have a wireless set up in my apartment. I was cleaning my room and brought my laptop with me. There was a song I wanted to download, so I used my landladys internet correction( she lives downstairs)I was unable to download ...
0 1277
avatar Last reply by rolsen84 on

USB Not Recognized, after using wireless net card

tiffanyc
I got a wireless internet card from us cellular and used it our lapout. we have 3 usb ports and throughout a month its went through each one by one, eventually no longer working at all. other things would work in them such as my phone and an ipod nano until the net card quit working in the last one.
6 3493
avatar Last reply by Beastslayer on