Date: 2024-05-06 11:16 | Last update:

Windows Hardware

A forum for discussions of Windows hardware and driver problems

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

Rio PMP software?

Jordan Shaw
Uh, hi again. I've reasonably learned my lesson, and have actually looked for information on this. I remember seeing something, but can't remember where, or what it said, so if someone could point me in the direction of finding information on getting the Rio PMP300 software running in win2k, I would be much appreci ...
4 2921
avatar Last reply by AnnieGao on

Win XP failure

Seth.B
So, obviously I'm new to this website, but I was hoping for (quite) a bit of help. I'm running (or rather, was) WIN XP on my Dell Dimension C521, and I do not want to upgrade. (Even though Vista installation fails anyway) My problem is this: everything is failing.
2 4551

Creative 1080 driver installs but doesn't work on XP 64

Grooonx
Creative is almost by itself advertising compatibility with XP 64, and so I purchased this Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD 1080 in good faith. I updated the firmware and the driver, and Device Manager had no difficulty showing the new Imaging Device as Creative Live! Cam Socialize HD 1080 (VF0680).
0 3756

IDE Drive help

leppy99
I'm running Windows 7 x64 with a motherboard that has PCIe slots and SATA connectors AND I have 4 extra IDE drives on hand(2 hard drives, 2 DVD drives)and I want to connect them to this computer. What is the best way of doing this-external enclosures, PCIe adapter card, or IDE to SATA adapter? Thanks to all who res ...
2 6322

Hardware clarification please...

Onaran
I'm preparing to have PC done at custom-build shop (I'll supply most of the components). PC is to have three hard disk drives (one for PC-BSD 8, one for Linux Mint 7, and one for XP Pro),each with separate bootloaders.
1 4001

Hardware or Software USB problem

repairs online
I have a 4gb unbranded USB stick which I am unable to access. The control IC is an AU6986 and the two memory ICs are: SAMSUNG 822 (K9GAG08U0M). Using a program called USBVIEW came up with the following info, see below.
0 4609
avatar Last reply by repairs online on

USB hook ups not working

Kernatho
Very strange, Everything I plug into my USB ports on desktop lights up and is recognized but nothing happens. For example, I have a logitech mouse that lights up red when correctly connected to the USB port, and this happens, but the mouse will not move on the display.
0 3482
avatar Last reply by Kernatho on

Notebook only works on AC power

checkers
My Evo N620C shuts down immediately after pulling out the power cord. The battery is fully charged, and the same battery works just fine in my second unit. I completely disassembled the machine, and found nothing loose etc.
1 4516

mouse stops working once windows xp loads...help

ms_tishy
My computer mouse stops working once windows xp fully loads. I have a couple moments to do a few actions, but I cannot get it to do anything after that. I have restarted in safe mode and restarted it back a couple days.
7 8658
avatar Last reply by Anonymous on

usb drive

jayseaann
the computer is running an xp program. power is getting to the mouse (or anything else) but the computer is not responding. for the mouse, the arrow never moves. the light under the mouse is lit. any ideas?.
0 3298
avatar Last reply by jayseaann on

RAID 1 from existing HDD w/ OS Installed

Myke
Question: Can I setup a RAID 1 configuration using an existing HDD with the OS already installed and add a new HDD to complete the mirrored pair without losing anything from the existing HDD? Details: I installed Windows Server 2008 Standard R2 x64 on a machine with only a single HDD on it.
2 8106

Desperately need help ---> USB Devices Not Recognized!

Jack_Bauer
Hey all, was hoping to get some answers Yesterday morning i went to buy a 4 port powered usb hub. . ( i only have 2 spare ports at the back of my PC) So i plugged it in, and it seemed to work initially, but with only one of my USB devices which was plugged into it: My ADSL modem.
45 108975

Problems Getting a Visioneer Scan into PaperPort

RalphTomaccio
Here's my problem: 1. I insert a sheet to be scanned into my Visioneer Strobe XP 200 scanner. 2. A scan window appears and the scan proceeds to the end. 3. The window freezes (cannot close it in any other way than using the Widows Task Manager.
2 3858
avatar Last reply by RalphTomaccio on

WIN2000 Pro Drivers / HP Deskjet 720C

TheHiker
PC w/WIN 2000 Pro (v5. 0); HP Deskjet 720C Series - printer seems to be working fine, but when I click on the printer icon a Printer Driver Problem: Data required by the printer driver cannot be found or has been corrupted message shows up; as best I understand things, the driver issue is WIN 2000 related, not HP.
2 3206
avatar Last reply by TheHiker on

Toshiba Satellite A665 laptop problem

Alice Fred
Hello friends. . I have a Toshiba Satellite A665, got it few weeks ago from TigerDirect through a discount deal available at Everything is working smoothly, but whenever I move my laptop a buzzing sound comes up and my laptop stops playing anything for awhile and then plays again.
1 4111
avatar Last reply by oldtimer on

DirectSound Driver wont work

silverkittenss
Hi all of you intelligent people out there-maybe you can help me figure out how to get my windows media player to work. I have tried to reinstall WMP but the bios wont let me do a full uninstall and i am a little camera shy when it comes to going into there and changing the value for WMP to work.
0 1910
avatar Last reply by silverkittenss on

External Hard drive not showing up.

when i plug my external hard drive it’s not showing up so i did the whole computer management thing but my external hard drive doesn’t show up on disk management it only shows my drive c: and cd drive so no matter what i do i can’t change the letter for my drive to reformat it to fat32.
1 3420