Date: 2024-05-05 05:56 | Last update:

Windows Networking

Everything networking under Windows

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

Microsoft Windows Network - invalid (deleted ) domain

LuRs52
Hy! We're having a problem with 'Entire Network/Microsoft Windows Network - MWN' view! So, sometimes we can normally see the domain and what computers are under that domain (only one domain is shown in MWN and that should always be like that), but sometimes there are two domains in MWN (the domain that was deleted ...
0 7535

IIS Port Forwarding

danielchong
Help! I tried to play The Sims 2 Body Shop but I'm getting a message that says: Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system. Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver What does this mean? I just down ...
0 3402
avatar Last reply by danielchong on

WSUS 3 & 13042 Error

Myke
I just recently upgraded the WSUS system from version 2 to 3 on a Windows Server 2003 system (all updates/SPs applied). It seems to be working fine, with one exception: the event viewer is repeatedly receiving an error: Event Type: Error Event Source: Windows Server update Services Event Category: Clients Event ID: ...
24 52220
avatar Last reply by Pomination on

VPN usage question

ruggb
I have managed to set up two computers - server/client -and I can connect from the client to the server via the internet. at least it goes thru the motions and tells me it is connected. Now What?? what needs to be configured on the server to access resources there and how do I access them from the client?? thx.
1 2753

Novell to Windows Server 2008 Migration

Myke
We're starting to plan a migration from Novell NetWare 6. 5 to Windows Server 2008. While we currently use the NDS in NetWare, we have no need to migrate it over to AD, as we have a separate server using AD; we've had a 2 system authentication for many years.
7 21363

Limiting a port's usage?

dacrazymonk
Hey, so my neighbor (who lives downstairs) also uses my internet, (I put down a wire for her). Anyways, she tends to watch movies, and skype often, giving me almost no internet connections speeds. She's a professional at router stuff, and I found out that she had changed the default User/pass from admin-password to ...
0 2677
avatar Last reply by dacrazymonk on

LinkSys Router: Internet Access Issue

Myke
I have a remote site that uses a LinkSys Wirelss-G (model WRT54GS) router. The 2 machines out there are hard wired to the router, so wireless security shouldn't be the problem. The router is connected to the an ISP's modem, which is then connected to the Internet.
3 4578

Delayed initial connection to mapped drive

Myke
I started asking about this in a different post, which dealt with a different issue; I figured it'd make sense to ask it in a separate post. We have all clients connecting to mapped network drives upon logging in, using a script.
1 4520

Microsoft Windows Network Lost (2)

CarlB
I have seen Ramsey_ElWardani Post: #159293 03/03/05 : He seems to be the only one who has suffered the same as I have now. Help! Please note that I am not that experienced. Symptoms: XP: Suddenly network folders open agonisingly slowly.
2 10917
avatar Last reply by wlidster on

Can't browse/can IM tho (and browse in Safe Mode)

tnttoo
Hi all, some real weirdness going on with my laptop. Ive got a Sony Vaio that has been good to me for over a year. I run XP with AVG, SpyBot, AdAware, and Windows Defender & Firewall. Yesterday I was browsing over my hotel's wireless net when Firefox suddenly could not find any pages.
4 4057

Ghost :systems dropping from session. Need help

EvilEd
Hello, My environment is a cisco 6509 with a supervisor 1a blade running in hybrid mode (Cisco IOS and CatOS). There are gigabit fiber connections connecting 3 different Cisco 4510 switches and a single 3560 gigabit switch to the core.
0 3086

Slow File Transfer Only If 10/100 Forced

esa1234
Hello, and thanks to all who have previously posted. Many posts have helped me up until now. My network has two machines that I'm currently working with. They are: A) WinXP Pro SP3/Intel Pro 1000 CT Gigabit WinXP Pro SP3/Marvell Yukon 88E8001 i) Network via WRT54GL Tomato (wired) I have networked these machines acr ...
2 3536

SharePoint extranet & ISA 2004

Myke
We've recently replaced our intranet with SharePoint Services 3. 0 and are trying to allow external access to the site. ISA Server 2004 is also used. Originally, the old intranet had a separate site on the host server using port 79, which granted limited access while still requiring credentials.
1 4130

Ubuntu 9.04 usb adaptor or something to get online

SkipCarefree
I think I have looked everywhere to find a usb wireless adaptor that will work without ndiswrapper. Linksys, Netgear, Actiontec, and couple others all replied they dont support. Isn't there somebody in 2009 that has a ready to use usb adaptor? I would like not to spend over $30, but.
0 2416
avatar Last reply by SkipCarefree on

Gigabit Ethernet: Cat 5/5e/6

Myke
We about to upgrade our network with a gigabit switch and are close to finalizing the purchase, but I'm hung up on the cabling issue. Supposedly, Cat 5 only transmits up to 100mb/s, Cat 5e up to 1000mb/s, and Cat 6 up to 1000mb/s (possible 10k) but at a higher frequency.
2 6183

To Install my netwok Printer

Nagadu
I have to install a printer which is connected to a network computer i tried all the ways but i couldn't install ( according to my ideas it may be permission problems) can somebody help me please
1 3127

Root Directory File Share Not Working! Help!

BNLeuck
I'm running Vista Home Premium on both my laptop and my desktop, both connected to a NETGEAR router, the desktop via ethernet cable and the laptop via wireless. I have connected them both to the NETGEAR network, made it private, enabled all file and printer sharing options, disabled password protect for file sharin ...
1 4871
avatar Last reply by DosFreak on

netgear dg834g

arcanite3000
hi all ive been trying to open a port now for some time. ive been successful with opening the ports for my xbox but now need to open them for limewire. my friend has some photos of a vacation and wants me to download em from here.
0 3352
avatar Last reply by arcanite3000 on