Date: 2024-05-18 16:26 | Last update:

Windows Networking

Everything networking under Windows

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

Cannot browse my comp but can get to them directly

HELLBRINGER
I have a WinXP x64 computer with multiples shares on it, all my other computers are WinXP 32-bit. They used to be able to browse the shares on my computer just fine but I screwed something up in the Access Control section with TweakUI and I cant seem to fix it.
1 3681

Lan won't work -- Windows Vista Premium

DanielS
Hello, I have a laptop (Windows Vista Premium installed) and tried to plug in my LAN cable. My Internet connection is LAN and does not need any IP's the system has to automatically acquire/obtain and IP address.
3 5524

Vista Beta 2 Internet Connection Problems

Brandtly
I've been trying to get Windows Vista (both 5270 & the new build) to connect to the internet with out any luck. The strange part is that it shows I'm connected, but the browser will never connect. I haven't loaded any softrware or made any changes except to IPv4 settings.
11 26467

Two offices + MPLS / Managed Firewall

Jon the drop out
Hi, So Let's say I have two offices in the east and west coast (shouldn't matter). The west coast office is on subnet A and East coast is on subnet B. The West Coast has a fractional T1, 1 server and 8 users w/o firewall support (since its mitigated by east coast office) and on domain: abc.
1 3189
avatar Last reply by Jon the drop out on

Bridge two seperate lans

Alan87i
2 wireless lans each with it's own internet connection. Each lan is setup with a different subnet 192. 168. x. x I want to Put a Client radio at Lan 1 , have it connect to lan 2's AP so the members from each lan can access Apache and other servers across this new link.
1 4304
avatar Last reply by HELLBRINGER on

File Sharing Problem in XP-SP2

darknight
I'm sharing my broadband connection with two other PCs through LAN cable. Internet sharing is working fine but I cant access the shared folders of other two computers while these 2 can easily do so between their computers but still they cant access my computer.
1 4043

Wireless and LAN won't cooperate in Vista

mrZoSo
Me and a friend use a shared internet connection. I use a Belkin USB Wireless adapter to connect to the Internet on his router, which is seperate from my LAN router. But the only way it works is when I disable my LAN.
1 3913

ICS, Dial-Up and Vista

mrZoSo
OK I've tried just about everything and I cant get Vista's ICS to cooperate and work with a Broadband Dial-Up connection. I have 2 machines running Vista Business, They are connected in a LAN through a router, DHCP by router.
1 3357

Unable to Authenticate on XP Pro Network Share

Kattmandu
I am running two XP Pro computers (both currently have SP3. ) I have folders shared on both computers. Only one computer am I able to authenticate the login and view the directory listing. I've confirmed that both computers are on the same network by running the Network Connection Wizard.
1 4608
avatar Last reply by Kattmandu on

XP Pro won't share My Documents with XP Home

mrZoSo
I had to set up basically a simple network for two computers to be able to share the My Documents folder. XP Pro can get in to Home with no problems. Home can't get into Pro, getting access denied. I set the security and share to allow full control to Everyone in the Pro system and still get the message.
5 7238

home lan network problem

migisukhoi
I have on both pc's WINDOWS XP SP2 PROFESSIONAL with full installation of tools and utilities, I use only Windows Firewall. I'm using Draytek Vigor 2700VG router with the latest firmware (2. 7. 3. 3).
3 8300
avatar Last reply by EASEUS Data Recovery on

Coupling ethernet cord and crossover path cord

misaal9
i have a really long ethernet cable(for accessing net) and a very short crossover patch cord(for file sharing between pcs). the thing is the patch cord is too small for convenience and i was wondering if i could join the two cords using a RJ45 coupler.
3 7055
avatar Last reply by gkottmann on

Windows XP slow on browsing shared files/folders

AthlonFan
well my problem really is like this: i have 3 computers in our house and 2 of them use winme while i use winxp pro. whenever i try to browse computers, it takes about a minute to open the my network places (and browse computers).
14 42764
avatar Last reply by aspirewebstudio on

Unable to remove GRUB - please help

sthapit
I know this topic has been posted already, but I still am not able to get windows XP working properly. Here's what I did - 1. Windows XP Media Center was installed on C: 2. 2nd hard drive was installed on S: Everything was working great.
8 15818

Please just give me a clue

nukkles
i had cat 3 and upgraded to cat 5 for my network now i have been experiencing intermittent problems. A few times a day, some users lose network connections to the server or the internet. Power supply is clean and constant.
1 2751
avatar Last reply by lsavidge on

Netzero problem with 2 #'s, 1 continuous redialing

juls
I have netzero dial-up running. I want to change the setting so it won't keep re-dialing a particular #. It's constant and is always busy. If I cancel it it still redials. IF I click on the netzero icon and click connect that way I get the actual # I need to dial for access.
4 5071

No wireless networks were found in range. [Virus?]

pawn3d
Hi, I have a Satellite that will cannot find any wireless networks, and I think it's virus related. Opening Internet Explorer gives me a pop-up that reads: Quote:System Error!Your system is infected with dangerous virus! Note: Strongly Recommend to install antispyware program to clean your system and avoid total cr ...
0 6191

Netmeeting issues on WinXP

skn
Hello Experts, Basically, I am trying to connect my computer to my brother's in another country through netmeeting. I am using a wireless router and he is using a wireless router as well. We both have Windows XP installed.
2 4382
avatar Last reply by seemebreakthis on