Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22635.3061 to Windows Insiders in the beta channel.
Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22635.3061 (Beta Channel)
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22635.3061 (KB5034215) to the Beta Channel.
Changes and Improvements gradually being rolled out to the Beta Channel with toggle on*
- For Microsoft Edge and other browsers that invoke the Windows share window, the Windows share window now supports the ability to share URLs directly to WhatsApp, Gmail, X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, and LinkedIn. In Microsoft Edge, you can invoke the Windows share window by clicking the share icon at the top right in the toolbar and choosing the Windows share options.
Fixes gradually being rolled out to the Beta Channel with toggle on*
- This update includes a handful of fixes to improve overall reliability.
New features for everyone in the Beta Channel
Richer weather experience on the lock screen
We are introducing a richer weather experience to your lock screen. This includes dynamic, interactive weather updates. So, as you hover over the weather experience on your lock screen, you will see more information. When you tap or click on the weather card and sign in, Microsoft Edge opens with the full forecast in MSN Weather. If you already use Weather under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Lock screen status, there is nothing for you to do. Also, this new experience will be on by default. Should you not want to see this experience, you can change your lock screen status to “None.” This rich weather experience is available when you lock your screen no matter which personalization option you select (Windows spotlight, Picture, or Slideshow).
Changes and Improvements gradually being rolled out to everyone in the Beta Channel
- We’re beginning to update references to Azure Active Directory (AAD) to Microsoft Entra ID in Settings.
Fixes for everyone in the Beta Channel
- This update addresses an issue that affects the spellchecker.
- This update addresses an issue that affects the ActiveX scroll bar. It does not work in IE mode.
Microsoft Store Update
Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel running version 22312.xxxx.x of the Microsoft Store and higher will see the following improvement rolling out:
Launch Instant Arcade games while browsing: In recent months, we announced Instant Arcade where you can play some games without the need to download them. Now, you’ll be able to launch these games directly while browsing or in search results. Simply hover over the instant arcade game and click the Play Now button.
Notifications for app installations: When you initiate a download from the Microsoft Store, we’ll send you a notification when your app is installed and ready to use. This can be toggled off in the store’s settings page.