Microsoft has released Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23612 to Windows Insiders in the development channel.
Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23612 (Dev Channel)
Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23612 to the Dev Channel.
What’s new in Build 23612
Richer weather experience on the lock screen
We are introducing a richer weather experience to your lock screen. This includes dynamic, interactive weather updates. So, as you hover over the weather experience on your lock screen, you will see more information. When you tap or click on the weather card and sign in, Microsoft Edge opens with the full forecast in MSN Weather. If you already use Weather under Settings > Personalization > Lock screen > Lock screen status, there is nothing for you to do. Also, this new experience will be on by default. Should you not want to see this experience, you can change your lock screen status to “None.” This rich weather experience is available when you lock your screen no matter which personalization option you select (Windows spotlight, Picture, or Slideshow).
Extended languages, multi-display support, and custom commands for voice access
Extended language support: We have extended voice access to support other languages such as French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain) and Spanish (Mexico).
When voice access is turned on for the first time, you will be prompted to download a speech model to enable on-device recognition of voice data. In case voice access does not find a speech model matching your display language, you can still choose to proceed ahead to use voice access in English (United States).
Changes and Improvements
- Optional features previously listed under Settings > Apps has moved to its own page under Settings > System.
- Fixed an issue which was causing the text input indicator to appear floating when you opened Start menu.
- Made a change to help fix an issue which could cause the spacing between your desktop icons to become extremely wide.
- Fixed an issue which could cause explorer.exe to crash when opening the context menu in file explorer if multiple files were selected.
- We fixed the issue causing a loading delay when the Microsoft Start feed is reenabled.
- We fixed the issue causing the Widgets Board to not automatically close and reopen when enabling or disabling feeds.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.