Anyone tried Longhorn 4051?

A developer buddy of mine says it's interesting & fast once it's tweaked, but apparently the 'download manager' in IE is broken/finicky. . . what do y'all think of it? Thanks. . . .

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar13.webp

155 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-04-11
A developer buddy of mine says it's interesting & fast once it's tweaked, but apparently the 'download manager' in IE is broken/finicky...what do y'all think of it?

Thanks...

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar12.webp

1915 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-30
Ive tried to get on the beta

Hopefully when the offical beta comes out Ill get it

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-01-11
Longhorn is not in Beta stage yet it is an Alpha project still, therefore only subscribers of MSDN and other selected people will officialy have copies of Longhorn, though many warez sites offer it as a download.

Unless you are fairly confident with Operating Systems I would stear away from Longhorn untill a RC come out for Beta testing.

data/avatar/default/avatar16.webp

1615 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-25
i have 4051 running right now. It is a bit funky with explorer crashing sometimes, but the system its self is very stable. I like it a lot. It is fast as hell. It installs in like 15 mins as opposed to the 30-45 that 2k and xp took.

data/avatar/default/avatar19.webp

3857 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-03-29
If you disable the sidebar (with the pimpy clock) that should address the crashing issue. The OS also *needs* 512MB of RAM or more to get by. It isn't very happy running in virtual machines, but it does support Whidbey (the next VS.NET) so that's why I have been trying to use it.