THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH (0x00000024....

Hi all, I am experiencing problems for my computer. Last night, I was using my computer, all of a sudden it froze so I had no other options but to just shutdown the computer (pressing pwr button). . When I restarted the comp, THE BLUE SCREEN APPEARS.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-05-19
Hi all,
I am experiencing problems for my computer. Last night, I was using my computer, all of a sudden it froze so I had no other options but to just shutdown the computer (pressing pwr button)..When I restarted the comp, THE BLUE SCREEN APPEARS. The blue screen keeps appearing everytime i restart my comp, thus I can never log into my accounts:

It goes something like this:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001901FD, 0x81740AE0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)."

OKAY, so i googled my problem up. I tried to use the XP CD boot, and typed in CHKDSK..but it finished 50% and told me that there are one or more files that are not recoverable (somethign like dat). and den it goes again to C:/

SO wat do I do now? How can I fix this problem. Please assist me if you can.

Also, I want to know ..how do I disable my antivirus programs..if i cant even log into windows??

- kitty

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar40.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2006-05-19
OP
I basically don't know ..how to disable my antivirus programs...do i just click disable when i log in windows??

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

397 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-06-17
If you can get to that site, then print the article so you have something to refer to as you do this. Next, I would take myself offline, since you need to diable your anti-virus. Shutting down your anti-virus is as easy as bringing it up on screen and then clicking on the X to close it out.
Just follow the instructions in the article and you should be ok.

Good Luck