compatible geaphic cards for asus p4800 motherboard?

i upgraded my computer about a year ago from 2. 6ghz to 3. 0ghz and from 256ram to 512ram. they had to replace my ati 9200 because of the motherboard they got me to support the 3. 0ghz and gave me a geforce4 mx 4000.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar38.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2005-09-16
i upgraded my computer about a year ago from 2.6ghz to 3.0ghz and from 256ram to 512ram. they had to replace my ati 9200 because of the motherboard they got me to support the 3.0ghz and gave me a geforce4 mx 4000. Seeing as it isnt a great card for gaming im thinking of buying a new one. my motherboard is a Asus p4800 motherboard, cant tell u much more since i cant find the box and i jus read that off the receipt. so if ne1 can tell me a way to find out what cards r compatible since i dont know much i would b greatful.

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar01.webp

1547 Posts
Location -
Joined 2002-05-29
Hmm, that 9200 would have worked and it is a faster GPU then the MX4000 they gave you

So did this shop keep the 9200 for themselves and give you the MX4000 card ?!?

If so then I would ask if they could swap it back, plus that card should also support AGP 8x too as the GPU supports that mode.

Other good alternatives are the ATi Radeon X600/700/800 series, the latter being the more expensive and faster card of course. The x600/700 series cards can be had for much cheaper and offer some decent performance.

Also look into the GeForce 6xxx series cards from nVidia as well, these are good performers as well