Help?

I am not sure what has happened but I need to know how to fix it. I run XP home os. I have downloaded thousands of sims files. Until tonight after clicking on the link a download window would pop up asking to open or save.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar28.webp

1 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-12-08
I am not sure what has happened but I need to know how to fix it. I run XP home os. I have downloaded thousands of sims files. Until tonight after clicking on the link a download window would pop up asking to open or save. I always save so I can scan before opening. Well, tonight I went to get more files and I no longer have the option to save. It automatically pops up and opens the file. Is there anyway to reset the windows download options so I can save these files? If so please let me know here or e-mail me at cammiio2@yahoo.com.....any help would be greatly appreciated.....thank you....Cami

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

402 Posts
Location -
Joined 2004-09-11
Hi,

There is a way to reset it, but I cant remember exactly how to do it, but I will have a look quick and let you know, but for now you can right click on the file you want to download and select "Save Target As", then you should be able to save it.

Another thing you could try if I take to long to reply is to open your internet properties by click on "tools" > "internet options", click on the "advanced tab" and then click the "reset to defaults" button at the bottom.