Refresh Rates in Windows 2000

Anyone know how to get higher than 120hz refresh rate in Windows 2000? I have a Riva TNT 2 Ultra. My monitor supports up to 160 hz but in any resolution the most I can get is 120 hz. Really annoying.

Windows Hardware 9627 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar34.webp

33 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-02
Anyone know how to get higher than 120hz refresh rate in Windows 2000? I have a Riva TNT 2 Ultra. My monitor supports up to 160 hz but in any resolution the most I can get is 120 hz. Really annoying. Also, whenever I start up a game that runs in a different mode, the damn thing resets to 60hz. Powerstrip is the best thing I've found so far...but it doesn't work right all the time. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a registry key?

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

data/avatar/default/avatar27.webp

393 Posts
Location -
Joined 1999-09-18
How about hztool? Search for it at www.winfiles.com. By the way, why the importance of 160 over 120? BTW, did you try using a win9x monitor definition file for your monitor?

------------------
Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

33 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-02
OP
Not so much a preference of an obscenely high refresh rate. I just want the thing to quit reverting back to 60hz if I load up an app in a different video mode. Thanks, I'll try Hertz Tool.

Oh, I did try a Win9x monitor def file and it randomly causes errors when working with the desk.cpl file.

data/avatar/default/avatar03.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-01
HZ tool not working on Win2000

33 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-01-02
OP
Damn