SB Live + Win XP 2600 + Netmeeting

Anyone in here been able to enable DirectSound in NetMeeting under Tools/Options/Audio? For me the box is grayed out. Configuration: Windows XP Pro 2600 Sound Blaster Live 5. 1 (2. 1. 2535. 0 drivers) Intel Easy PC Camera Asus CUSL2 P3 800 Many other standard devices, will list if requested Thanks!.

Windows Software 5498 This topic was started by ,

data/avatar/default/avatar18.webp

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-05-21
Anyone in here been able to enable DirectSound in NetMeeting under Tools/Options/Audio? For me the box is grayed out.

Configuration:
Windows XP Pro 2600
Sound Blaster Live 5.1 (2.1.2535.0 drivers)
Intel Easy PC Camera
Asus CUSL2
P3 800
Many other standard devices, will list if requested

Thanks!

Participate on our website and join the conversation

You have already an account on our website? Use the link below to login.
Login
Create a new user account. Registration is free and takes only a few seconds.
Register
This topic is archived. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast.

Responses to this topic

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-05-21
OP
Does the silence indicate that I am the only one?

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-27
Nope, you aren't the only one.. it's grayed out for me & my girlfriend too

data/avatar/default/avatar33.webp

723 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-02-05
As far as I know, the 5.1 series of cards aren't fully supported or have the full driver implementation in XP (with the default XP drivers). You have to wait (and pray) until Creative decides to release XP compatible drivers (and/or LiveWare). I have SBLive XGamer (no 5.1) and seems to work ok with the default drivers.

data/avatar/default/avatar05.webp

18 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-01-28
Hey.

Just a quick reply, ive been using heavily, netmeeting for the last week or so, after finding it finally!
its worked fine with sound/video/mic no probs and i too have a SB5.1

I how did NOT use XP's drivers and rathre used my own cd i got with the 5.1
I noticed when i used XP's, i did not get all the extra functions and also that when i updated it via winupdate, it crashed the machine and messed up the registry big time.

3 Posts
Location -
Joined 2000-05-21
OP
Turns out this is a common bug. The newer XP drivers (version 3507.0.0.0 dated 8/10/2001) still exhibit this bug in NetMeeting. It supposedly only affects 5.1 users but that is unconfirmed. These new drivers do however fix quite a few of XP driver annoyances. When I set the card to use all 4 speakers in Windows (Control Panel/Sound and Audio Devices/Advanced/Speakers) all applications appear to work correctly and output to 4 speakers. New programs to work correctly include Half Life (unsure how the positioning is, all I noticed was 4 speakers playing) and AOL Instant Messenger. I'm sure there are many others, but these are just a few examples. I will have to try a Liveware 3 hack at some point, I really want to have my web cam and audio work correctly. On a side note... Web Cams are worth the $25 they cost.

data/avatar/default/avatar29.webp

8 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-09-27
I'm using original SBLive! and my friend SB PCIxxx

Seems like the bug affects all (or most) Creative soundcards..

data/avatar/default/avatar36.webp

2 Posts
Location -
Joined 2001-10-08
OK, I've got the same prob. What do I do to rectify it? Use the drivers on the CD? Without DS, the audio on my dial-up connection gets really jittery when there's a lag. 8)