Date: 2024-05-19 11:19 | Last update:

Windows Games

Need help to get a game running on Windows? This is the place to ask

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

Resident Evil 2 PC trial and errors

ptkfgs5
so i have windows xp sp2 like many people who have had problems with the save games and ive tried the following things -Running game regularly | RESULT:cant load games ive saved with the Leon 00 waiting room and saying load failed -Change the compatability tab on the actual game shortcut to win95 /win98 compatable ...
8 55063
avatar Last reply by VideoGame Friendly on

Problem with Starcraft on Windows XP

SupremeXXXX
Hi, I am newbie and I've got problem with Starcraft on Windows XP Professional. When I insert Starcraft CD into CD-ROM, auto-play doesn't work niether does Open. However, I tried installing Starcraft on my other computer with Windows 95 and it works perfectly.
11 22442
avatar Last reply by chadw_genx on

Nhl 2000 with Vista

Mazka
So, i was just wondering if anyone could help me with my Nhl 2000. It just does not work. I installed it and now when I try to Start it, it says that nhl2k. exe stopped working. I tried to use it by administrator and put te compatible mode to Windows 98 and still not working.
1 5536
avatar Last reply by Glitchologteam on

The Nomad Soul

wjhkg
A friend of mine gave this game to me for figuring out how to run it using XP - its designed for 95 & 98 only. After starting Setup, at 99% (initialisation) it crashes, a blank error Message is displaed.
3 4759

sims 2 DirectX 9.0c error message help!

JoeWinkool
Sims 2 apartment life worked fine last week, but when i tried playing it today a pop up keeps comming and it says Failed to find any DirectX 9. 0c compatible graphis adapters in this system! Pleas emake sure you have a DirectX 9.
1 4096
avatar Last reply by jake_omg on

Ballistics..........

FiGhTiN_WiT_eViL
Good day everyone. I recently installed Ballistics the racing game on my Linux Operating System. Everything was running perfectly until I hit the restart button, and then my game froze. Since I knew there was a problem, i got rid of the game, then I tryed to reinstall it, but now it won't work.
1 2633

Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate on XP - help?

Olga
I just recently got the Warhammer 40k Chaos Gate game from a friend after waiting for 2 years, and getting a new computer in the meantime, which runs on Windows XP professional. After installing the game and trying to play it, the screen went black for a few seconds and returned to the original desktop screen.
113 173798

Dungeon Keeper 2 on vista

scurveymic
OK so i recently finished playing dk1 which was enough of a chore to get working on vista. So I downloaded dk2, got through the install just fine, and managed to play the game for a bit. The game crashed on me after i tried to restart a level, a number of fixes for which i've found and will try if the problem persists.
1 5617
avatar Last reply by littlecengiz on

mm8 fix for xp

denno
running might and magic 8 on windows xp the easy way go to and download the might and magic 8 patch by gray face and unzip it in your mm8 file and u should be able to run mm8 with no dramas
0 5565

Resident evil 1 issues on Vista

Venter127
I recently downloaded resident evil 1 for my computer, and after some tweaking, got it to run. The problem is, however, that while the first play-through went fine, every time after it, there is absolutely no sound.
8 31132
avatar Last reply by maxbillion on

Nocturne won't run in XP

mekhthecat
I just got this game, even though it was released in 99 I think. It installs fine and then when I double click the icon to play, it just acts like its going to start, then it flashes a black screen real quick and goes back to the desktop as if nothing has happened.
1 6779

Magic the Gathering on XP

fredinator
I want to install Magic the Gathering the PC Game. At the beginning of the installation is said that this game was tetste for Win95 and then the installation crashes. So i set up the compatibility to Win95 and installed.
186 344296
avatar Last reply by JPriestForever on

Cossacks European Wars

Kenichi85
Hi, when i try to play Cossacks European Wars I keep getting the dmcr. exe error message. What can i do to get past this problem in order to play the game.
0 3472
avatar Last reply by Kenichi85 on

I need help with Soldiers Heroes Of World War 2

Kenichi85
Hi, I have installed Soldiers Heroes Of World War 2 on my pc with xp but when I try to load the game it comes up saying that there is no disk even though the disk is in the drive Can anybody help me with this problem
0 1966
avatar Last reply by Kenichi85 on

DOSBox 0.74 Released!

DosFreak
DOSBox 0. 74 has been released! Here is an overview of the changes: * Several small game specific fixes/hacks/support. (Offensive, Roadhog, GTA installer, Kingdom O' Magic soundcard detection, Pirate booter, Armored Fist installer) * Add the S3-specific 640x480 256 color mode.
0 2808
avatar Last reply by DosFreak on

Red Alert Install on xp

Captain Insano
Hey I'm trying to install red alet on xp but when i load it it brings me to the install menu i click and on install and nothing happens. I tried Changing compatability but its like my computer is refusing to react to the game.
1 7557
avatar Last reply by blazeryin on

SIMS 2 ... directx 9.0c HELP

flames007
I got the sims 2 and it had the directx9. 0c thing pop up and i went to website after website to find a solution and i found one. . . i tryed the sims 2 and it worked! then i wanted to clean my computer and wipe the whole thing out so i did.
23 21954
avatar Last reply by diode0512 on

Call of Duty World at War

heutenitaz
Call of Duty is a great game series with many of the games being based on World War 2. Which is a war that has some games out there covering them, but few of them are as good as Call of Duty World at War.
0 1948
avatar Last reply by heutenitaz on

Mount &Blade Warband (Single player mode)

Tinman
Hi all, was wondering if anyone could help. I have installed Mount and Blade Warband but have been having terrible problems since doing so. I have the first Mount and Blade game which I have never had a problem with.
0 3653