Date: 2024-05-06 23:15 | Last update:

Windows Games

Need help to get a game running on Windows? This is the place to ask

Slack Space 1613 Legacy OS 455 Windows Hardware 9627 Windows Software 5498 Windows Games 5469 Windows Networking 2246 Customization Tweaking 1790 Feedback 1316 Everything New Technology 1823 Windows Security 292

DirectX 6 for NT 4

askii64
Well, here I am again talking about DirectX. . . I downloaded a (not so) little file from today called nt4dx6. zip and it is DirectX 6 for NT, just like it says. It is probably alot like the DX5 hack, but I've yet to check it out so I don't know yet.
5 5425
avatar Last reply by ketfri8002 on

A few problems running Warcraft II Battle.net Edition on Vista

Lord Claremorris
Greetings all. I'm at a loss what to do with this game. As a Windows 98/95/NT 4. 0 game it installed fine and launched fine. The problem is that I can't play campaign mode at all. The pre-mission briefing or whatever you wish to call it fails to play and the screen just remains black.
2 3258

Return to Krondor & Betrayal in Antara- can't play

jpguywatchout
well i just finished Betrayal at Krondor and that was fun. Blast from the past. Thanks Dosbox for that. So now i have Return to Krondor and Betrayal in Antara CDs to play, but when I insert the disc from either game, a System Error box comes up, and says Cannot read from device.
25 36198
avatar Last reply by qfgfan655 on

Final Fantasy Random Battle Screen

Xintie
I am currently running Windows 7 and have the ePSXe running FF7 on my laptop. The game is working it's all good but when I enter a random battle the bottom half of my screen is blackout. I've had the game before on my Original PS1 so I have the feel for where everything is but the games just going to be difficult o ...
1 3121
avatar Last reply by bloodserom on

FIFA 09 Soccer External Drive Problem

Glitchologteam
Hi there! Ive bought a brand new FIFA Soccer 09 game and it is working fine on my XP Computer. Then, I want to install the game, like all my PC game, on my Seagate 2 TO External Drive. The game install fine and play fine too but when I go to my Windows 7 computer the game do not run.
2 2968
avatar Last reply by bloodserom on

Directx

Rajoo
I have trouble,when i try to install heroes 3 i have to get directx 7 minumum,i watched last problem for heroes 3 and one admin give a link and explained how to do things,but i changed windows and grafics,when i go to that link ,after instalation on final page writes that i already have directx then i download dire ...
0 3062

frozen throne problem

WilliamJerry
When I playing frozen throne with AI, it suddenly break down,screen got holly black,then skip out of the game window. And all my effort before was gone with the wind. I canceled the game,and install it again.
0 2730
avatar Last reply by WilliamJerry on

Star Trek Armada visual glitches..

LFFPicard
Hi, I not been to these boards before but i have a problem with Armada under windows XP. . . The problem i have is graphics related. . Armada detects my graphics card and shows it in the options, i have max resolution (Tried other resolutions) and max graphics detail (Tried others), I also have 1.
8 24271
avatar Last reply by ZHANG FELIX on

EMPIRE EARTH II - can't install, can't play

benzdiesel
bought a brand new Empire Earth II from Datablitz (Manila) and I can't seem to launch it despite it being installed already. This is what comes out Unable to initialize renderer. Make sure that Direct3D acceleration is enabled.
7 9362
avatar Last reply by ZHANG FELIX on

Sim City 3000 w/ Windows 7

ALR350Z
First post, so don't be harsh! I did a search, couldn't find anything related to what I have. So I have an old game that I used to play all the time a long time ago, Sim City 3000. I believe back then I was using a Windows 2000 machine, and it worked very well.
0 6418

Heavy Gear 2... It hates me...

fmaster9k
I recently obtained a copy of Heavy Gear 2 second hand, and when I went to play it, It said directx 6 not detected. I never install old versions of directx, 'cause then it over-writes the current one, right? Anyway, I tried copying the directx files off the cd to the directory I had Heavy Gear 2 installed in, and t ...
1 5665
avatar Last reply by fmaster9k on

Sims 2 Problems!!!

candice michelle
I installed my sims2 on my new motherboard and it didn't work it says, (in the picture) pls help! i attached the specs of my pc!!! :3
1 6387
avatar Last reply by MinusZero on

Greatest Battles of WW II (Stalingrad)

Tanith_2
I've done quite a bit of searching around the Web trying to get some straight answers concerning the game Stalingrad (Greatest Battles of WW II), and whether or not it will run under Windows 7 x64. .
2 8010
avatar Last reply by Tanith_2 on

MM8 strange problem

∂avid
Hello everyone, I try to install Might and Magic VIII on my XP, but I am having serious troubles and I spent already about 5 hours searching and googling internet for a solution. But no luck. The problem si, that whenever I try to start installation process from install CD, a progress window popps up showing a prog ...
0 3589

Earthworm Jim Special Edition

gilgamesh
I have a problem running this game on Windows XP. The game runs fine but the sound is the problem. There is no sound and all the sound settings in the game are greyed out. I have tried different compatibility layers but to no avail.
3 13214
avatar Last reply by szpaq234 on

Tie fighter 95 with windows xp

Cheesecake
whenever i use tie fighter 95 in in its install screen i get the error message 16 bit sub system the porgramme is unsuitable for running ms dos or windows applications or something like that. I love this game, so could someone please help me?.
0 5373
avatar Last reply by Cheesecake on